June 2018 Newsletter
Posted on June 1st, 2018
My name is Mrs. Emilie DeCorby and I am thrilled to be the principal of Christ-King School for the remainder of the school year. I have many years of experience having worked in Edmonton Catholic Schools for over 30 years! I am pleased to say that it has been a delight getting to know students, staff and parents here at Christ-King Catholic School. This school is a very busy place with the many year end activities plus we are doing a little housekeeping as the year winds down. I hope to meet more of you on the playground, at the Gr. 9 Farewell on June 8, at the School Council meeting coming up on June 11 or just as you are passing through the school -please stop by and introduce yourselves!
Blessings to you all!
June at a Glance
- Our annual JDRF walk will be on Friday, June 1st at 1:00. Weather permitting it will be at West Stettler Park.
- The Kindergarten students will be celebrating all of their hard work this year at the Kinder Grad on June 6th. Congratulations!
- We will be bidding the Grade 9’s farewell on June 8 with the theme, “The Magic of the Good Old Days”. It will begin at the Church followed by dinner and a year end dance. Tickets required.
- The Jr. High students will be camping out from June 18-20 as part of their Outdoor Ed. Option.
- All students will be walking to the Jewel theatre for a movie on June 22nd.
- Grades K-6 students will be treated to a fun swim on June 27.
- Celebration of Learning and Last day of school for the students is June 28th. All families are welcome! More information to follow.
- Thank you to the Stettler Home Hardware for their generous support of our Wood Work Option supplies.
Provincial Achievement Exam Schedule Grade 6 & 9
June 22—Language Arts Part B
For those wishing to enroll their child in piano instruction, Veronica Weber will be returning to CKCS one day per week next year to give lessons. Veronica has a Bachelor of Music degree from the University of Alberta and loves working with all levels of students to create joy through making music. She can be reached at (403)741-6546.
Early registration suggested.
Handy Man wanted at the school to do odd jobs as needed. This is a paid position. If you are interested please call the school for more details.